Granville Behavioral Health Services Relocates Offices
June 11, 2020
Granville Health System (GHS) has announced Granville Behavioral Health Services will relocate to another building on the campus of Granville Medical Center. Patients will be seen at the new location beginning Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
The practice will relocate to 102 Professional Park Drive, Suite A in Oxford. Behavioral Health Services provides psychiatric diagnostic evaluations for children and adults, and medication management. Ample parking is provided at the facility.
Granville Behavioral Health Services is led by the following providers:
Dr. Baum completed his post graduate education at the University of Iowa. His residency was completed at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he also completed fellowships in both child and adolescent psychiatry as well as psychopharmacology. His focus is working with children, adolescents, and adults.
Dr. Welborn completed her post graduate education at the Medical College of Georgia. Her internship and residency were completed at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Her fellowship in psychosomatic medicine was also completed at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Her focus is working with adults in the outpatient setting.
Granville Behavioral Health Services provides psychiatric diagnosis evaluations and medication management for children and adults struggling with the following:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Anxiety disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Conduct Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Impulse control disorders
- Medical/psychiatric disorders
- Neurocognitive disorders
- Neurodevelopmental disorders
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- and other psychotic disorders
“We have an exceptional care team at Behavioral Health Services who provide much-needed services to families in Granville County and surrounding areas,” said John F. Snow, Granville Health System CEO.
As a reminder, the following temporary restrictions have been implemented at Behavioral Health Services to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- No visitors will be allowed.
- Patients seeking care at Behavioral Health Services may be accompanied by 1 caregiver.
- All persons must sanitize their hands when entering.
- Patients scheduling an appointment or confirming an appointment should expect additional screening questions and may receive additional guidance in preparation for the medical visit.
- Patients and caregivers may be asked to wear a surgical mask upon entry.
For more information or to make an appointment with GHS Behavioral Health Services, please contact the office at 919.690.3217 or visit ghsHospital.org.
About Granville Health System
For more than 99 years, Granville Health System has been delivering quality health care close to home. To meet the growing needs of its community, Granville Health System has expanded its services throughout Granville County, offering convenient access to medical care where its citizens work and live. The GHS main campus is located at 1010 College Street, Oxford, North Carolina. For more information about Granville Health System visit GHS online at www.ghsHospital.org.