Granville Health System to Open Granville ENT
November 19, 2020
Granville Health System (GHS) announced that it will open Granville ENT, a full-time otolaryngology (Ear, Nose and Throat) practice on the health system’s main campus, near Granville Medical Center. Granville ENT will be led by Richard Alexander, MD, PhD, MBA and is slated to open December 1 and will serve patients every weekday, Monday - Friday.
“We are pleased to be able to open Granville ENT and ensure needed medical services continue to be available on a full-time basis,” said John Snow, GHS Chief Executive Officer. “Bringing complete ENT care to the area is what our community requested, and we responded because it fulfills our mission to promote well-being; accelerate healing; and inspire hope.”
Dr. Alexander is a graduate of Hampden-Sydney College and received his medical degree from Wake Forest University. He completed his residency in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at Wake Forest University. “I look forward to joining Granville Health System and helping expand the community’s access to care,” said Dr. Alexander.
The services offered by Dr. Alexander through the practice and Granville Medical Center are extensive; including both adult and pediatric care:
- Chronic or obstructive tonsillitis
- Obstructive sleep apnea and snoring
- Hearing loss
- Chronic ear disease
- Thyroid and parathyroid masses
- Salivary gland diseases/neoplasm
- Laryngeal disease including hoarseness, globus, vocal cord paralysis
- Chronic sinus disease with or without polyps
- Allergic and chronic rhinitis
- Nasal airway obstruction
- Small skin cancers with local repair
- Neck masses
- Diseases of tonsils and adenoids, including hypertrophy or chronic infections
- Recurrent or chronic otitis media
- Hearing loss, speech and language delay
- Chronic ear disease including cholesteatoma and tympanic membrane perforation
- Neck masses
- Diseases of the salivary glands
- Thyroid and parathyroid disease
- Chronic rhinitis and sinusitis
- Allergic rhinitis
In addition, Granville ENT will provide a complete array of audiology services including diagnostic audiological testing, digital hearing aid fittings and dispensing, tinnitus-hearing distortion evaluations, and additional counseling services.
Granville ENT will be located at 102 Professional Park Drive on the campus of Granville Medical Center. To schedule an appointment, please call 919.692.0003. For more practice information, please visit us online: www.ghsHospital.org/GranvilleENT.
About Granville Health System
For more than 100 years, Granville Health System has been delivering quality health care close to home. To meet the growing needs of its community, Granville Health System has expanded its services throughout Granville County, offering convenient access to medical care where its citizens work and live. Together, our team promotes well-being, accelerates healing, and inspires hope for the communities we are honored to serve. The GHS main campus is located at 1010 College Street, Oxford, North Carolina. For more information about Granville Health System visit GHS online at www.ghsHospital.org.