Granville Health System Restricts All Visitation at Brantwood Nursing & Rehab Center
March 14, 2020
Granville Health System (GHS) announced on Saturday newly revised visitor restrictions have been put in place at Brantwood Nursing & Rehab Center to protect against the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and other infectious diseases. These restrictions are based on guidance issued by the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS). These procedures, guidelines, and restrictions only apply to Brantwood and the Brantwood campus. They do not apply at Granville Medical Center or physician practice locations.
The updated procedures and guidelines were implemented after the Centers For Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) issued further guidance to all nursing homes nationwide on Friday, March 13, 2020.
“We thank the community for their patience and understanding as we adapt to a quickly-changing environment,” said John F. Snow, Chief Executive Officer of Granville Health System. “The health of our residents is our highest priority, so we will continue to take decision action to help limit the transmission of COVID-19 and to help keep our employees, medical staff, patients, and residents safe”.
Brantwood will limit visitation as follows:
- Visitation is restricted for all visitors and non-essential health care personnel, except for certain compassionate care situations, such as an end-of-life situation.
- Visitation restrictions pertain to all patient contact inside the nursing home and on the Brantwood campus.
- Decisions about visitation in compassionate care situations will be made on a case by case basis. No individuals will be allowed into Brantwood except as approved by the Brantwood administrator or her designee.
- Visitors that are permitted must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including but, perhaps not limited to, a face mask while in the building. Visitors that are permitted will also be asked to observe hand hygiene protocols, and restrict their visit to a specific room only such as the resident’s room or other location designated by the facility.
- No visitor will be allowed in Brantwood who shows signs of a respiratory infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat).
- In lieu of visits, the facility will offer alternative means of communication such as virtual communication including telephone calls and video-communication through resident or family-supplied devices.
- When approved for compassionate care situations, visitation is limited to the hours of 9:00 am and 8:00 pm. Visitors will be screened before being allowed to visit.
- When approved for compassionate care situations, visitation to resident rooms is limited to no more than two people at a time. Exceptions will be considered for extraordinary circumstances.
- Children 12 years of age or younger should not visit nursing home residents, even when accompanied by adults. Exceptions will be considered for extraordinary circumstances.
- No visitor may enter Brantwood before being screened. All visitors will be accompanying to the approved visitation location by facility staff. All visitors will be required to provide their name and contact information.
These restrictions will continue until further notice.
Snow continued, “I want to thank the community for the kind and compassionate support as we have implemented thorough measures to protect our residents at Brantwood. The grace shown during this public health emergency is not surprising for this community who have been so supportive of their community health system.”
If you have questions about the restrictions at Brantwood Nursing & Rehab Center, please call 919.690.3334. If you want more information on the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, please visit ncdhhs.gov.
About Granville Health System
For more than 99 years, Granville Health System has been delivering quality health care close to home. To meet the growing needs of its community, Granville Health System has expanded its services throughout Granville County, offering convenient access to medical care where its citizens work and live. The GHS main campus is located at 1010 College Street, Oxford, North Carolina. For more information about Granville Health System visit GHS online at www.ghsHospital.org.